Chocolate Chip Cookies {For Breakfast?}

This Mama woke up starving! Cereal didn't sound good. Pancakes didn't sound good. Eggs didn't sound good and fruit {you guessed it} didn't sound good. So I asked my body and little baby girl, "what do you want to eat for breakfast?" Chocolate Chip Cookies was the first thing that popped into my head. Yeah, chocolate chip cookies at 8:30 am. That sounded REALLY good! So, I ran with it. After making Abbigail a small breakfast (then running to the bathroom to throw up, which I haven't done in a few months) I got started...

Abbi was oh so helpful! She really loved helping pour everything in and she especially loved playing in the flour! Am I the only one who can't make cookies without covering our counters, walls and floor in flour? {please say no} Until she got some in her mouth and she looked up at me with her sweet, innocent eyes and said "dis yuck!" Yes Abbi, flour is yuck, I couldn't agree more! 

Also, I started making the cookies and realized I didn't have enough Crisco! So I did what any rational person would do in my situation... Frantically called my husband at work telling him I would simply die if I didn't have cookies RIGHT NOW! Not really, but I did call Drew. Our conversation went a little like this:

Drew: Hello?
Me: Hi. Can you take a 10 minute break?
Drew: How Come?
Me: I really want chocolate chip cookies, but I don't have enough Crisco...
Drew: Right now?
Me: Yes.
Drew: Okay, I will go get some and be there in 10 minutes..

{Yeah, he is kinda the best!}

So here it is, our chocolate chip cookie adventure... messy hair, pajamas and all! It was the perfect way to start our day!


*Recipe to come!

Comments

Popular Posts