Abbigail Anne - 2021



 Our Abbigail is turning NINE years old this year! Next month, to be more exact. She looks more grown up every day! Her favorite hobbies include, reading, reading, writing stories, reading, building with LEGO bricks, reading and reading. Did I mention she likes to read? I'm not quite sure where her love of reading came from. Growing up, I never really liked reading. I always had the mentality of "I'll just wait until the movie comes out",  But Abbigail would much rather read the book than watch any movie. For the last year and a half or so, I have made an effort to read to her/with her every night. We read from books that are slightly out of her grade level and we have both been loving it! We've read books like, Charlotte's Web, Matilda, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The BFG, and Harry Potter (Books 1 & 2). We are currently reading the third Harry Potter book together. I've loved spending this one on one time with her in the evenings. We read, she asks questions and brings up concerns or ideas she has. I love seeing her mind in action. 

Abbigail is such a great big sister. I can count on her to "babysit" while I take a shower or run down to the Post Office. She draws pictures for her younger siblings, gives piggy back rides, helps get snacks, knows how to make a bottle for Stella, lays Jack down for a nap and so much more. As much as a resent the fact that she is getting older, it's also wonderful to have another helping hand at home! 

Abbigail is starting 4th grade next month! I honestly can remember her first day of Kindergarten like it was yesterday and my mind can't fathom that she is already in FOURTH grade! She's learning things like multiplication and division, fractions, adverbs, writing essays and I don't like it! Can't we go back to counting to five with marshmallows before stuffing them in her mouth? This last year, she came home from school announcing that her and her friend, Lila, were writing a book! I said, "really? What is it called?" She replied with, "The greatest threat to earth is humans" and then went on to explain that her book was about how humans don't recycle, cut down trees, pollute the air and waters and it's ruining the earth! Like, WHAT?!? How is she old enough to form opinions like this let alone write a whole book about it! 

She is wise beyond her years, has mastered the art of eye rolling and she has a heart of Gold! I'm not sure what I did to deserve Abbigail, but I'm thankful for her EVERY DAY! 

Comments

Popular Posts