DIY Moon Sand

WOW! It has been a while! Like, 1 year, 6 months and 21 days to be exact! ;) So, long story short, when Lily was three months old, she spit up on my computer and ruined it! It wouldn't even turn on. I'm actually not even sure how I made the last blog post I made... maybe on my phone? Anyways, I have been without a computer for almost TWO YEARS! It has been hard and I have definitely missed blogging! Thank goodness for Instagram! I have still been able to document the little things that have happened over the past couple of years! Recently, however, we were able to buy a nice (new to us) laptop! {cue Hallelujah Chorus} Heres to my return to blogging! May my posts be consistent and may my stress level be at an all time low! ;) (blogging, I mean writing out my word vomit, or whatever random thoughts may pop into my head, seems to relieve my stress!) Thanks for tagging along! 


******************************************

Yesterday was a very rainy, cloudy, gloomy day. It reminded me of The Cat and the Hat book... 

The sun did not shine.
 It was too wet to play. 
So,we sat in the house 
All that cold, cold, wet day! 

I sat there with Sally.
We sat there we two.
 And I said, "how I wish 
we had something to do!" 

Anyone else have that memorized? No? No one? Just me? Got it. 

But in all seriousness, we were bored out of our minds! My girls had already watched too much TV and they were kind of driving me bonkers. So, of course, I turned to Pinterest. I found this post and thought it would be fun to try out. So that's just what we did! I cut the recipe in half and oh man, I'm glad I did! I can't imagine a bigger mess than what ended up with! Especially not double the mess! 

I will say the girls had a blast! The "Moon Sand" was actually pretty cool! We were able to make sand castles, tall mountains, sand balls, sandman, and they loved making "foot prints" with their little toy horse and their fingers! Abbi loved making cakes and Lily loved eating Abbi's cakes, followed by Abbi screaming at her. Hashtag: sisters (insert eye roll here) But man, oh man, the mess it made was unbelievable! Whoever said it was easy to clean up, obviously did not have a four year old and a two year old who couldn't help but "make it rain" all over the table and floor! They must not of had kids who enjoyed throwing it, putting it in each other's hair, and pushing it on to the floor just so they could "ice skate" in the sand! And I know their kids didn't eat the sand, then "make wind" with their mouths and blow the sand everywhere or they would not have advertised an "easy clean up!" 

However, the girls were totally enthralled for almost an hour! That never happens! It also gave me a chance to get out my actual camera! So it was worth it. Right?






Comments

Popular Posts