Chocolate Fudge Crinkle Cookies!




The Christmas season, in and of itself, is a good enough reason to consume enough sugar and chocolate to feed the whole universe right? Oh good, that's what I thought too! At our house, we have been eating chocolate like it's a sport and trust me, we're getting pretty good! ;)

So to add to the chocolate craze, I decided to introduce Abbigail to one of my favorite cookies! These cookies are pretty hard to mess up because there are only 4 ingredients. But if you're really special, like me, you might mess up! Actually, I don't exactly consider it a mess up, but the recipe I found online does...

The recipe calls for:
+ 2 eggs
+1/2 cup of vegetable oil
+ powder sugar
+ 1 box Devils food cake mix

Here's the part I "messed up." Instead of using Devils food cake mix, I bought Super Moist Chocolate Fudge cake mix. The box literally says, "There's pudding in the mix!" Which don't get me wrong, it tastes D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! However, it is really, really, really, super, really (have I mentioned really?) messy to work with. So, you decide!

Okay, let's get down to business!

+ mix together the eggs, oil and dry cake mix.
+ dust your hands in the sugar and form 1-1.5 inch balls with your cookie dough.
+ roll your newly formed balls in the powder sugar and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
+ bake them in the oven for 8-10 minutes at 325 degrees.
+ let them cool for a few minutes, then dig in!

Seriously, it's so easy, a two year old could do it. Oh wait, my two year old did do it! All of it! Most of it? Okay, you caught me; she played around in the sugar, ate some cookie dough and posed for a few pictures then made me do all the work! But the point is, she could have done it. They are that easy.




All in all, we had a ton of fun making and eating these cookies! Give 'em a try! I promise you won't be disappointed. 


Comments

Popular Posts