For the birthday girl...







Dear Abbigail, 

Today you are two years old! I cannot believe it. Two years ago, we saw you for the very first time. You had BIG, beautiful, blue eyes and lots and lots of dark hair! Daddy and I were very surprised because we both have blonde hair but there was no doubt in my mind that you were mine! You were the sweet baby I had felt kicking the inside of my tummy. You grew big and strong inside of me and then all of the sudden you weren't inside me anymore. We welcomed you into the world at 9:54 am on August 21st, 2012. One of the happiest days of my life. 

You came 2.5 weeks early and were sassy and stubborn from day one. (I don't know where you get that from. ;) Watching you grow and develop over the last two years has made me so very, very happy! You are so smart and catch on the things so quickly! I love hearing your sweet voice tell me "dank you, Mama!" and "I Yuv you, Mama!" My heart melts into a big 'ol puddle every time. 

Some of your current favorites include:

+ Anything to do with Mickey and Minnie Mouse
+ Unloading the dishwasher
+ Applesauce, string cheese and watermelon
+ Singing songs! Your favorite ones are, "The Wheels on the Bus, "I Love the See the Temple" and "Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam"
+ Going for walks and playing at the park
+ Helping Mama and Daddy clean Daddy's work
Playing Swimming in the bathtub
+ Putting your dolls and stuffed animals down for naps. You are so sweet. You read them a book, give them a blanket and one of your binkies and tell them "night night!" It always puts a smile on my face!
+ Counting. {1,2,3,4,6} I guess you aren't too fond of the number 5?
+ Pretending to go potty in the "big girl potty" {But you still refuse to use the potty for real.}
+ Daddy, Daddy and Daddy!

You are so excited to be a big sister and already talk about how much you love "will-wee!" Part of me is sad that any day now, your title will change from "only child" to "big sister." I have loved staying home with you and having no other kids to focus on except YOU. That being said, I am also so excited to see you with your little sister! You love babies so much and I know you will be so happy when she comes! 

I don't know what I did to deserve you, Abbigail Anne. You are sweet, sassy, loud, energetic, happy, playful and so loving. I am so grateful that you are my little girl for ever and ever! I love you sweet girl! Have the best day ever! 

XOXO, 

Mama



Comments

Popular Posts