Healthy Cookies! {aka Pumpkin Chocolate Chip}

Okay, I may or may not be using the term "healthy" very loosely. You see, I made these cookies earlier in the week and Drew and I ate two and a half dozen cookies in less than two days. Don't judge until you've had 'em people! 

Then today (Sunday) rolled around and Sunday's are a day for baking! After church, we usually take naps then go up to Drew's parents' house for some fun. Cookies and fun just go together! So Sunday's are a day for baking! 

... and I did it. I made the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies again. Two times in ONE week! To say I have a problem would probably be an understatement. So to justify my baking so many cookies, I've decided to tell people these cookies are squash cookies. Pumpkins are a type of squash you know... and squash is healthy! So there! 

You now officially have my permission to make these cookies as much as you want because they are in fact healthy! Can I get an Amen?! 



Ingredients: 
+ 1 Box of Spice Cake Mix
+ 1 Can of Pumpkin Puree (15oz) 
+ 1 Bag of Chocolate Chips

Yup, you read right! Only three ingredients! Yet another reason to make these cookies everyday of the week! 

Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

2. Mix the cake mix and pumpkin puree together until it's smooth and then add the chocolate chips. (I just eyeball the chocolate amount. Personally, I don't think cookies can ever be too chocolatey, so I add pretty much the whole bag! But whatever floats your boat, if you only want to use half or 3/4 the bag, that works great too!)

3. Using a cookie scoop or regular spoon, drop cookies onto the cookie sheet about two inches apart.

4. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cooked through! 

5. Let the cookies cool and ENJOY! 

*this made about 2 1/2 dozen cookies* 

Comments

Popular Posts