To Get Out Of Bed

FYI: This post is not for everybody. We're talking about a sensitive subject. Okay, let's be honest, we're talking about poop.

*****************************************************************

I understand pooping is a bodily function. It's natural and stuff, blah blah blah. And actually, I should be happy Abbigail is pooping. In the past, she has been a very constipated baby. So poop should equal a happy dance. But in the past few weeks, I have gone from changing one poopy diaper every 3-4 days to changing 3-4 poopy diapers every day. That would be just fine with me, except the majority of these poops happen right before naps, and bedtime. It doesn't matter if I let her cry for one minute or ten minutes, I can almost guarantee she will have a poopy diaper. It happens 95% of the time. 

SHE DOES IT TO GET OUT OF BED!

My sweet baby has figured out, that if she poops, we will get her out of bed and change her. What am I supposed to do? Tell her to "suck it up and go to bed" and if she poops, she will just have to "deal with it?" 

How can I explain to her, "Look honey, it's time to go to bed. You can't just poop everytime you don't want to do something." If this continues, I can totally see her in the future pooping to get out of a homework assignment,  to get out of cleaning her room, or to get her schedule at work change. Okay maybe not to that extreme or maybe that's not an extreme? 

It is the most bizarre thing ever. Has this happened to anyone else? 

It's probably just a phase, right?


Don't let that cute face fool you, this girl is a poopaholic. I am at a loss. What do I do?

Will she just grow out of it?
This may sound like a joke, but I am quite serious.
Any advice?

Comments

Popular Posts